Whether you want to find organic protein bars to top up your flat stomach after workouts or use them as snacks, facing up with many choices isn’t easy. Check out these best organic protein bars below, they may be the answers you are looking for.
- Rise Bar Real Wgike Food Whey Protein Bar - Best Overall
- Garden of Life Organic GOL Bars - Best Tasting
- RXBAR Real Food Protein Bar - Best Low-Sugar
- Perfect Bar Original Refrigerated Protein Bar - Fresh-From-The-Fridge
- Vega Protein Snack Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter - Best For Vegans
|Top 5 Best Organic Protein Bars 2019|
Read My Review
|Rise Bar Real Wgike Food Whey Protein Bar||Read My Review|
Read My Review
|Garden of Life Organic GOL Bars||Read My Review|
Read My Review
|RXBAR Real Food Protein Bar||Read My Review|
Read My Review
|Perfect Bar Original Refrigerated Protein Bar||Read My Review|
Best For Vegans
Read My Review
|Vega Protein Snack Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter||Read My Review|
Top 5 Best Organic Protein Bars 2019
Best Overall: Rise Bar Real Wgike Food Whey Protein Bar
- Only three clear ingredients
- High protein
- USDA organic certified
- Nutritional and tasty
- Surprisingly none!
I decided that this product is the best overall for several reasons
This is a simple protein bar with three main ingredients: almonds, honey, and whey protein isolate. For those who have stomach problems from dairy products, whey protein isolate is safe.
It is lactose-free and low carb, which is suitable for your need. Rise bar ensures that no artificial additives are added in the ingredient list. They use 100% real, non-GMO food.
The taste is perfect. Plus, this product is USDA organic certified, an ideal choice for organic addicts. With 20 gram of protein, it should be suitable for gamers and people with regular workouts.
Rise Bar Real Wgike Food Whey Protein Bar is no doubt the best overall choice with simple ingredients, suitable for both snack and workout energy boost.
Best Tasting: Garden of Life Organic GOL Bars
- USDA organic certified
- Simple ingredients
- Suitable for kids
- Certified Gluten-Free
- The soft texture isn’t favored by some people
If you are looking for protein bars with the best flavor, Garden of Life Organic GOL Bars are my recommendation.
These bars offer numerous flavors to choose from, including blueberry, chocolate coconut, maple sea salt. Each bar contains 8 to 10 simple, traceable ingredients. All of them are non-GMO and organically certified by USDA.
The 12g milk protein comes exclusively from grass-fed cows. That means no rBGH or rBST can be found in the bars. Garden of Life Organic GOL Bars is also acknowledged by American Humane organization.
Some people find the soft texture is a drawback. However, these bars are perfect candidates for mid-afternoon snacks. Your kids will love it.
12g Milk Protein
Garden of Life Organic GOL Bars, the best tasting protein bars, will be favorite nutrient sources for people on the go and kids.
Best Low-Sugar: RXBAR Real Food Protein Bar
- No added sugar
- Natural ingredients
- Not a USDA Organic product
Afraid of all the artificial sweeteners found in protein bars? With RXBAR Real Food Protein Bar, your worry is invalid.
Having 0 gram of sugar, RXBAR shows it clear that they use nothing but natural sugar. Besides, their whole food bars say no to artificial colors and flavors. You will taste nothing but raw and natural ingredients.
RXBAR offers 12 grams of protein from egg white and nuts. For those who worry about dairy allergies, this should be a perfect alternative. Though these products are not certified USDA organic; it complies with Kosher – 100% meat-free.
9 whole food ingredients
Finding the best low-sugar protein bars? RXBAR Real Food Protein Bar is hand out the best candidate for your shopping list.
Fresh-From-The-Fridge: Perfect Bar Original Refrigerated Protein Bar
- USDA organic certified
- Comes in various flavors
- High amount of calories
Perfect Bar Original Refrigerated Protein Bar is one of my favorite for one simple reason. It is completely fresh. What impresses me is this refrigerated snack can stay tasty for a week out of the fridge. It is just a perfect solution for busy lifestyles.
Packed with 100% whole food protein, the bar offers a high amount of protein – 17 grams per bar. The ingredients are simple, non-GMO and certified USDA Organic.
Plus, Perfect Bar provides users with low GI food, which is more beneficial to your blood and health. There are three flavors to choose from: peanut butter, coconut peanut butter, and dark chocolate chip peanut butter.
What makes some people worry is the high amount of calories.
3 simple ingredients
Perfect Bar Original Refrigerated Protein Bar is the only healthy and convenient fresh-from-the-fridge choice you can find for your busy schedule.
Best For Vegans: Vega Protein Snack Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Certified vegan
- Non-GMO, organic ingredients
- Low calories
- Some people claim that this bar is a bit sweeter than expected
Are you a vegan who can’t tolerate egg white protein? Vega Protein Snack Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter 100% plant-based protein will be your perfect choice.
The vegan Protein snack bar offers 10 gram of plant-based protein. Other than that, it comes in many flavors such as chocolate caramel, blueberry oat, and coconut almond flavors. It not only fuels your day but also fulfills your taste as well.
This bar is certified by Vegan Action and non-GMO project. You can enjoy the protein bars without any worry. Also, this is a gluten-free product. The intake calories you get from Vega protein bar is relatively less than other protein bars.
10 grams plant-based
Vega Protein Snack Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter is by far the best choice for a vegan with few calories and 100% plant-based protein.
How To Choose The Best Organic Protein Bars?
When it comes to buying the best organic protein bars, you need to consider some factors as follows:
- The protein source is an essential key to determine suitable protein bars. If you are prone to allergy, it is better to stay away from bars that contain dairy protein (whey or casein) or traces of nuts.
- The amount of protein in one bar needs to be considered as well. The amount of protein can range from 10 to 25 grams in one bar.
- Especially when taking protein bars helps you out with your workout recovery, you should consider the amount of protein seriously.
- You should also pay attention to the quantity of fiber in protein bars. Depending on your physical fitness and need, you might need to consider the protein-fiber ratio a bit carefully.
- You should select the bars with at least 3 grams of fiber per serving.
- Carbohydrate sources can come from wheat, dried fruits, oats, sugar, corn syrup and so on. No matter what ingredients manufacturers use, carbohydrate will turn into sugar in your bloodstream or stay in your muscles or lives for years.
- It is essential to factor in the number of carbs for that reason.
- Generally, the number of fats in protein bars can affect your body shape tremendously. If you read the ingredient list and find hydrogenated oil in it, don’t buy.
- Instead, coconut oil, seeds and nut butter should make up a better choice for your health.
- Sugar is the last element you should consider when buying protein bars. I suggest that you keep your eyes on the level of sugar in any products. Some items even contain added sugar.
- My advice is to find bars with less than 10 grams of added sugar.
Who Makes The Best Organic Protein Bar?
- Vega offers numerous choices for a vegan with savory plant-based products. The company guarantees to provide reliable nutrient source without compromising for convenience.
- Vega is certified non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan. They use no artificial flavors.
Garden of Life
- Garden of Life is straightforward. They don’t believe in synthetically made, chemically sprayed food. What they do believe is the value of clean and healthy whole food.
- Products from this company are always traceable, organic and clean.
- Perfect Bar entered the market with a bold idea: refrigerated protein bars. Their belief in fresh and whole food ingredients has kept them going and growing.
- Their products provide energy and vitamins for thousands of people.
- Rise Bar is a relatively new company in the field, but their products prove the opposite. This company offers various options with different protein sources, from milk to plant-based one.
- RXBAR came out as a simple yet audacious company. Their ambition is to provide consumers with healthy and convenient protein bars. The company makes sure that all the ingredients are on the list, no hiding.
Are protein bars healthy?
Protein bars hand out the most convenient way to supply your body with energy. Of course, nothing can ever beat a nice home-cooked meal; however, for those who don’t have time, protein bars are the ultimate choice.
Not every protein bar is health-friendly. You need to do your homework and select the best one. Check the ingredients carefully and make sure that your bars are organic without any additives.
Which protein bar is the healthiest?
When it comes to the healthiest protein bar, there are a few things you need to consider: the level of nutrients and sugar. An ideal protein bar should provide you sufficient amount of nutrients. At the same time, the level of sugar should be low.
That being said, I think RXBAR Whole Food Protein Bar would be the healthiest protein bar in the list. It has no-added-sugar. What’s more, the protein level is around 12 grams, which is perfect for an energy boost.
When should you eat protein bars?
Without time to prepare proper meals, protein bars are the workable solution for busy people. We buy protein bars, hoping it will bring what we need. However, when is the right time to pick a bar over fruits or meals?
Here is the deal.
You should never compromise a well-balanced meal for a bar of protein. Of course, in case you just finish an intense workout session and can’t afford a full course, nibbling a bar will be ok.
Protein bars should be the assistant you need after a long bike ride or workout when you need immediate energy. Other than that, go for a proper meal.
Can you eat only protein bars?
I would strongly suggest you not to eat only protein bars. While we can find organic, nutritional bars on the shelf, these products lack many necessary things to keep us healthy.
Of course, you get protein, fibers, fat, and carbohydrate to function correctly. However, vitamin deficiency will be apparent after a few months taking only protein bars.
How often should you eat a protein bar?
The average intake of protein per adult is roughly 40 to 60 grams a day. That being said, you should not exceed this amount if you want to watch out your figure.
By calculating the amount of protein you supply yourself with daily, you should figure out how often you should eat a protein bar.
For example, if your daily diet fails to provide you with adequate protein, consider eating one or two bars per week.
Are protein bars good for people with diabetes?
Nowadays, more and more protein bars are labeled diabetes-friendly. Some brands even claim that their products help people control their type 2 diabetes. However, is it true?
It all comes down to the bar’s ingredient list. You need to be conscious about what is actually inside the package.
Bars with vitamins and nutrients can be suitable for people with diabetes. Also, look for resistant starch or uncooked cornstarch since it can be helpful to your condition as well.
If you find a product that you want to buy, make sure to consult a certified diabetes specialist before.
Are protein bars good for a meal replacement?
You don’t have to look any further for the best organic protein bars. These carefully selected five products above are the most convenient and effective way to provide your body with the necessary energy for hectic days.