How can you combine tasty protein bars with the attempt to lose some pounds? Nothing is impossible with these six best tasting protein bars for weight loss below.
Here are the best tasting protein bars for weight loss you can buy in 2023:
- Best Keto-Friendly: Quest Nutrition Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar
- Best Fruit-Flavored: RXBAR Whole Food Protein Bar
- Best For White Chocolate Enthusiasts: thinkThin Protein & Fiber Bars
- Best For Vegans: GoMacro MacroBar, Organic Vegan Protein Bar
- Best Paleo Friendly: Health Warrior Pumpkin Seed Protein Bars
- Best Savory Protein Bar: KIND Sweet and Spicy Bars, Thai Sweet Chili
|Top 6 Best Tasting Protein Bars For Weight Loss|
|#1 - Quest Nutrition Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar||Read Our Review|
|#2 - RXBAR Whole Food Protein Bar||Read Our Review|
Best For White Chocolate Enthusiasts
|#3 - thinkThin Protein & Fiber Bars||Read Our Review|
Best For Vegans
|$4 - GoMacro MacroBar, Organic Vegan Protein Bar||Read Our Review|
Best Paleo Friendly
|#5 - Health Warrior Pumpkin Seed Protein Bars||Read Our Review|
Best Savory Protein Bar
|#6 - KIND Sweet and Spicy Bars, Thai Sweet Chili||Read Our Review|
Top 6 Best Tasting Protein Bars For Weight Loss
#1 - Quest Nutrition Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar
- Best Keto-friendly
- No extra sugar
- Low carb, high protein
- Certified gluten-free
- Not suitable for people with dairy allergy
There are many reasons why Quest Nutrition bars are the best Keto-friendly product. While it is essential that you need to maintain a low carb and high-fat diet, you can’t ignore the amount of intake protein.
That’s why this chocolate chip cookie protein bar is such an excellent choice. It offers 21 grams of protein and 9 grams of fat. Fiber takes up 54% of the total net carbs, which explains the high level of carbs.
Using chocolate chip cookie dough, Quest Nutrition bars taste like home-made cookies. For people who find protein bars hard to digest, this bar can change their mind.
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Protein blend, almonds, chocolate
Quest Nutrition Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar is the best option for a ketogenic diet with chocolate chip cookie flavor.
#2 - RXBAR Whole Food Protein Bar
- Best fruit-flavored
- No added sugar
- Some people think it is hard to chew
If you are a big fan of nuts and fruits, then the RXBAR Whole Food Protein Bar is a must-buy option. The blueberry flavor is indeed refreshing and tasty.
RXBAR contains egg-white protein, almonds, cashews, and dates. Its crunchy texture makes some people feel hard to chew. But if you love nuts and fruits, this will be no problem.
This fruit-flavored protein bar is dairy free, Kosher certified. Most importantly, it uses non-GMO ingredients.
Dates, egg whites, almonds, figs, blueberries, natural blueberry flavor
RXBAR Whole Food Protein Bar is the best fruit-flavored option for vegetarians and nut lovers.
#3 - thinkThin Protein & Fiber Bars
- Best for white chocolate enthusiasts
- Low calories
- Low protein content
Protein & Fiber Bars by thinkThin is the best option for white chocolate enthusiasts. Featuring the fatty taste of milk and cocoa butter, this protein bar is a perfect combination of white chocolate and almonds.
Surprisingly, it has only 5 grams of sugar. The protein content is quite low; however, you will undoubtedly be satisfied with 150 calories. This bar, too, is Kosher certified. The ingredient is clean and 100% non-GMO.
White chocolate, almonds
Whey protein, yogurt, almonds
Protein & Fiber Bars by thinkThin is heaven for white chocolate enthusiasts.
#4 - GoMacro MacroBar, Organic Vegan Protein Bar
- Best choice for vegans
- USDA organic
- Not suitable for people with peanut allergy
GoMacro MacroBar offers the perfect option for vegans. This protein bar is 100% organic certified by USDA organic. It contains no trace of GMO ingredients as well as meat (Kosher certified).
What’s more, MacroBar is also gluten-free and soy-free.
The main ingredients of MacroBar are peanut butter and chocolate chip. This combination quickly melts inside your mouth, offering the utmost savor.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
Peanut butter, plant based protein blend, brown rice, chocolate chips, peanuts
GoMacro MacroBar is the best choice for vegans with a flavorful taste from peanut butter chocolate chip.
#5 - Health Warrior Pumpkin Seed Protein Bars
- Best Paleo friendly
- USDA certified organic
- Full of nutrients (9 amino acids)
- Low Carb
- Contains honey, not suitable for vegans
If you follow the Paleo diet, you may want to consume only whole food and keep processed food away. If having a proper meal is getting harder, the Health Warrior Pumpkin Seed Protein Bars are your solution.
This product has organic certification by USDA. It contains whole food with pumpkin seeds, honey, and spices. With dark chocolate flavor, this protein bar is indeed chocolate fans’ cup of tea.
Health Warrior offers 8 grams of protein and full of nutrients, which is enough for a strictly Paleo follower.
Dark chocolate peanut bar
Pumpkin seeds, honey, spices, cocoa powder, milled quinoa, coconut oil, sea salt
Health Warrior Pumpkin Seed Protein Bars provide the healthiest and most convenient option for Paleo followers.
#6 - KIND Sweet and Spicy Bars, Thai Sweet Chili
- Best pleasing protein bar
- Unique flavor
- Plant protein
- Kosher certified
- 0g trans fat
- Some people may not like the combination of sweet and spicy
If you are looking for a unique flavor, KIND sweet and spicy must be on your shopping list. Featuring Thai Sweet Chili flavor, this protein bar is indeed the best savory of its kinds.
The ingredient list is tempting. It includes almonds, pumpkin seeds, honey, and Thai seasoning. The bar balances out perfectly the mild heat and sweetness. The crunchy texture convinces every buyer.
The KIND sweet and spicy is Kosher certified, 100% meat-free, suitable for vegetarians.
This protein bar is also gluten-free, no trans fat. It offers an excellent source of protein and fiber.
Thai Sweet Chili
Almonds, pumpkin seeds, honey, pea protein, Thai seasoning, hemp seeds, turbinado sugar
KIND Sweet and Spicy Bars, Thai Sweet Chili is the best savory protein bar with unique Thai sweet chili flavor.
How To Choose A Good Tasting Protein Bars For Weight Loss?
- The first and foremost factor you should consider when buying a protein bar for weight loss is the amount of protein. Experts suggest that we should top up from 0.5 to 1.5g of protein intake per pound to stay fit.
- Considering you want to lose weight, it is essential to choose bars with low protein content (from 0 to 15g). I would suggest you pick minimum 5g of protein in a bar.
- The carb content talks a lot about the compatibility of protein bars to your need. That means, before grabbing a random bar, you should check the amount of carb and make sure it is lower than 20g.
- Fiber refers to a type of carbohydrates our body can’t digest. Since fiber can stimulate your weight loss, it is crucial to choose protein bars with a high content of fiber. I would recommend at least 3 g of fiber per serving.
- You don’t want to suffocate your body with calories, especially when you try to lose some pounds. Therefore, finding protein bars with low calories content is a must.
- The human body only needs a limited amount of sugar. Excessive sugar will be stored in our body as fat. As a result, if you want to lose weight, you should choose protein bars with a low level of sugar.
- The rule of thumb when choosing suitable protein bars for weight loss is simple ingredients.
Which Brands Make The Best Tasting Protein Bars For Weight Loss?
- Kind offers consumers with only whole food ingredients with a crunchy texture. Their protein bars surprise me with a wide range of unique flavors. KIND mostly uses nuts, fruits and whole grains for their protein bars.
- They use no artificial flavors, added sugar or preservatives. A KIND protein bar is a reliable source for nutrients you can find on the shelf.
- Health Warrior is a young company, founded in 2010. Their fixed belief in better health better society has brought Health Warrior protein bars into life.
- The company guarantees powerful delivery ingredients that taste not only good but also are healthy.
- GoMacro is a family-owned company, started from scratch from a small kitchen. Unlike other company, GoMacro has invested in their farm, so they can delivery clean and fresh whole food ingredients.
- GoMacro is undoubtedly a perfect choice for vegetarians, vegans, and whoever pro nature.
- thinkThin came into business much earlier than other companies. That’s why they know the secret for how a protein bar should be. thinkThin offers a wide range of choices, from ingredients to flavors.
- Their protein bars can be used as a meal replacement or pre/post workout snacks.
- What I like about RXBAR is their transparency. You know exactly what is inside every bar. The ingredient list is simple with no sweeteners or preservatives.
- Quest Nutrition was formed by a group of wellness enthusiasts. The company based on a simple idea: food should be both tasty and healthy. Their protein bars are a great satisfaction you should have in your pocket.
Are protein bars good for weight loss?
Not long ago protein bars were the sole option for fitness enthusiasts who want to find a quick way to build up their muscles. Nowadays, protein bars are also used as a meal replacement, helping consumers to lose weight.
Protein bars offer a low dose of calories, which is often less than 300. Other than that, the bars do give you sufficient protein and carbs for daily use.
However, please remember that if you want a sustainable way to lose weight, you should combine exercise and diet.
Can protein bars make you fat?
Protein bars may be the most convenient way to top up your body with sufficient protein. However, these products can also be the ultimate cause for your uncontrolled weight gain.
Protein with high fat and sugar levels increase the content of calories as well. If eating with moderation, your body will be stuffed with unnecessary calories and fat.
When should you eat a protein bar?
There are a few times within a day when a protein bar can bring more bangs for the buck.
- Breakfast, for example, is the ideal time for a bar. If you don’t have time for a proper breakfast, consider a protein bar instead.
- People who want to lose weight often choose regular meal replacement with a shake. However, if your busy schedule doesn’t allow you, grab a protein bar.
- Pre and post workouts are the best time for protein intake. If you find it hard to go for a beefsteak, then a protein bar is your most convenient choice.
Is a protein bar a meal replacement?
A meal replacement diet has become a popular choice for those who want to lose weight. This diet requires various alternatives for a meal, such as a shake. Having shakes all the time doesn’t sound interesting anyway.
This is when protein bars come into place. These items come with high protein, moderate carbs, and fiber. Some even supply consumers with vitamins and nutrients.
It is safe to say that protein bars are the best meal replacement you can find.
Can you lose weight eating only protein bars?
In theory, eating only protein bars does help you to lose weight. By eating those, you can control the amount of calories intake, thus effectively regulating your weight.
However, this isn’t an ideal solution for a long-term goal. Your body needs a balanced diet to stay healthy. I advise you to use protein bars as a meal replacement when you want to lose weight.
Other than that, you should provide your body with fruits and vegetables as well.
Can I eat protein bars as a snack?
Protein bars are my favorite snack replacement. Instead of going for donuts or potato chips, protein bars will be a healthier yet tasty choice for your hunger.
This way, you are sure that your body receives nutrients and sufficient protein, not synthetic flavor enhancer.
Finding the best tasting protein bars for weight loss will no longer be a daunting task with these 6 top-notch items. Enjoy the savour of each option!