Besides eating a proper diet, exercising is also important to burn more calories, thus making you lose weight. You don’t need to be a gym rat to know the real calorie burners, though. Check out our list of the best cardio machines weight loss and get ready to sweat!
Here are the best cardio machines for weight loss you can buy in 2020:
- My Top Pick: NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
- Best For All Levels: XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- 2-in-1 Design: ANCHEER Folding Treadmill
- Best Stationary Bike: YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
- Best Upright Bike: Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike 1200
- Best Recumbent Bike: EXERPEUTIC 900XL Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Best Overall: Exerpeutic 2000XL Magnetic Elliptical
- Best For All Levels: Teeter FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical
- Best For Bigger People: Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
|Top 9 Best Cardio Machines For Weight Loss|
My Top Pick
|NordicTrack T Series Treadmill||Read Our Review|
Best For All Levels
|XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill||Read Our Review|
|ANCHEER Folding Treadmill||Read Our Review|
Best Stationary Bike
|YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary||Read Our Review|
Best Upright Bike
|Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike 1200||Read Our Review|
Best Recumbent Bike
|EXERPEUTIC 900XL Recumbent Exercise Bike||Read Our Review|
|Exerpeutic 2000XL Magnetic Elliptical||Read Our Review|
Best For All Levels
|Teeter FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical||Read Our Review|
Best For Bigger People
|Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine||Read Our Review|
My Top Pick: NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
- Operate quietly operation
- Automatically adjust your speed and incline to meet trainer recommendations
- Mimic real-life terrain
- Fold up for compact, simple storage
- Assembly difficulty
Featuring an impressive library of over 16,000 on-demand workouts to cover different fitness levels and preferences, the T Series Treadmill makes a great addition to your home gym. Users can personalize their workouts by adjusting the live incline (0-10%) as well as the speed (0-10 MPH) at your own pace.
To keep you updated all the time, the 5-inch backlit display provides you with data including the distance traveled, your heart rate, and the amount of burned calories, just to name a few.
Although it might take a while to assemble your machine, it’s worth your effort to experience the real-life terrain right in your home comfort.
|NordicTrack T Series Treadmill Specifications|
73 x 35.8 x 67.5 inches
Max User Weight
20” x 55”
16,000+ on-demand workouts
10% One Touch incline control
Innovative Space Saver design with Easy Lift Assist
EKG Grip Pulse w/ iFit Tracking Capabilities
NordicTrack T Series Treadmill is highly appreciated for letting joggers, walkers, and runners do different workouts and reach their fitness goals by just one compact exercise unit.
Best For All Levels: XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- Quick and easy to use
- Speed range from 0.5 mph to 10 mph for users of all fitness levels
- Provide a more comfortable workout
- Tread belt could be bigger and longer
If treadmills are the first to come to your mind when it comes to the most preferable workout systems, there is no way to go wrong with the XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill.
The unit from XTERRA Fitness features 12 preset programs and 3 manual incline settings for a personalized smooth and quiet workout experience while guaranteeing different health benefits the use of such fitness machines leads to.
The speed range from 0.5 to 10 MPH delivers unmatched variety for both beginners and treadmill buffs. This way, you can start exercising at low speed and gradually increase it to meet your fitness experience.
While the tread belt is narrower and shorter than that of the NordicTrack T Series Treadmill, it can still work best for walkers, joggers, and runners.
|XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Specifications|
28.5 x 28.75 x 61 inches
Max User Weight
16" X 50"
3 Manual incline settings
Large 5 inch LCD display
Direct access speed keys
Built-in reading rack with optimal viewing angle
Hand pulse grips sensors
Regardless of your fitness levels, the XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill helps you get the most out of your home gym devices.
2-in-1 Design: ANCHEER Folding Treadmill
- Easy to fold & unfold for storage & transportation
- Durable and ultra-quiet
- Safe to use
- Effortless to assemble
- The lack of inclination option
We love the ANCHEER Folding Treadmill for the uniques advantages this 2-in-1 design has to offer.
When the handrail is folded, this machine with a decent 2.25HP motor can work as an entry-level treadmill with the speed of the walking mode ranging from 1 to 4 km/h. And when you raise the handrail, this fully electrical unit will change into a running treadmill with the top speed of up to 12 km/h.
And whichever exercise mode you choose, you can increase or decrease the running belt speed by pushing the speed increment buttons located on the control panel.
The biggest disadvantage of this machine by ANCHEER is the lack of inclination options. However, considering 12 preset workout options at such an economical price, it’s still worth buying.
|ANCHEER Folding Treadmill Specifications|
49 x 27 x 42 inches
Max User Weight
40 x 16 inches
Shock reduction & noise reduction system
Advanced cushioned deck belt
Smart remote control
Built-in safety key
Durable steel frame
ANCHEER Folding Treadmill is the smart equipment for the smart workout!
Best Stationary Bike: YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
- SGS-certified for safety assurance
- Comfortable to use
- Deliver a smooth performance
- Built to last for many years to come
- Changing the seat position is annoying
If you don’t want to shell out big bucks for a fitness machine, then this stationary bike from YOSUDA might be a good investment.
The near-silent belt-driven system, augmented by a 35-lb flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame makes this indoor bike a solid piece of fitness equipment. As you might know, the heavier flywheel can keep the momentum longer, thus ensuring a smoother ride.
Another feature is the fully adjustable 4-ways padded seat. With a quick twist of the knob, you can move it front & back as well as up & down, fitting each individual’s size and keeping the workout at their own comfort.
However, individuals who plan to use the YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary in the same household might find it a bit annoying to keep on unscrewing and screwing the seat.
|YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary Specifications|
40"L x 22" W x 45" H
Up/ down & Front/ back
Max User Weight
35lbs flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame
2-ways adjustable non-slip handlebar
4-ways padded seat
Advanced car-grade paint frame surface
Get your spin on with a reliable machine like the YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike!
Best Upright Bike: Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike 1200
- Easily adjustable to fit 5’3” to 6’1” user heights
- Easily folded to half of the assembled size
- Operate quietly
- Various resistance options to customize your workout
- The seat could be a bit smaller
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike 1200 is great for those living in a space-limited property. This foldable upright bike has a double-drive transmission flywheel, which promises a way higher resistance workout. And the three-piece “high torque” cranking system uses an 8-level magnetic tension control system for a smooth pedaling motion without any interruption.
Complete with the hand pulse sensors that allow you to monitor your target heart rate and an LCD display clearly indicating time, speed, calories burned, distance, scan, and pulse.
While the wide seat can be easily adjustable to accommodate users from 5’3” to 6’1” tall and no more than 300-lb heavy, some customers did report that the seat is much too big for them, thus making their workouts not as comfortable as expected.
|Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike 1200 Specifications|
31 x 19 x 46 inches
8-level Magnetic Tension control system
Max User Weight
“Double drive” transmission
3-piece “high torque” cranking system
Easy-to-read large window LCD display
Large seat cushion
Hand pulse sensors
If you don’t have much space for a home gym, go with the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike 1200!
Best Recumbent Bike: EXERPEUTIC 900XL Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Easy to get on and get off
- Adjustable to work for a high number of riders
- Provide a smooth and uninterrupted operation
- Good value for money
- Easy to assemble
- Pedal keeps falling off
If you are on a tight budget but still looking for the benefits of smart cloud fitness, you will be happy to learn about the Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike. By combining durability with ultimate comfort and convenience, this bike is fairly worth-money, to say the least.
This space-saving bike features the highest padding amount we have checked out. Not only is the oversized padded seat adjustable to fit users 5'3”- 6’6”, but the backrest also features padding for their most enjoyable workout.
Though you will get the basic computer module only, it is ultimately functional. The display is pretty modest yet practical and legible while users can track their workouts via MyCloudFitness app free downloaded & installed on their iOS or Android smart devices.
|EXERPEUTIC 900XL Recumbent Exercise Bike Specifications|
54 x 22 x 34 inches
Max User Weight
V - belt drive
3 workout goal settings
”smooth torque” cranking system
EXERPEUTIC 900XL Recumbent Exercise Bike saves you from spending an arm and a leg on a computer-controlled recumbent bike.
Elliptical Training Machines
Best Overall: Exerpeutic 2000XL Magnetic Elliptical
- A great option for bigger users
- Less impact on the lower body
- Easy to relocate
- Stride length should be more generous
If you don’t want to splurge on a high-end piece of equipment, but expect a step up from the budget-friendliest pick—that’s when you find the Exerpeutic 2000XL Magnetic Elliptical a perfect choice.
With this elliptical machine, you will get a smooth and enjoyable ride with many neat technology features such as MyCloudFitness app available on iOS and Android devices (without any additional cost) that allows users to track their workouts. Additionally, 8-level magnetic tension resistance adjustments enable a personal training service, making it a complete package.
Also, the weight capacity of 300 pounds making this elliptical a great choice for larger-framed individuals.
However, the 13-in stride length might be a bit uncomfortable for taller people.
|Exerpeutic 2000XL Magnetic Elliptical Specifications|
54 x 23 x 63 inches
Max User Weight
An easy to read 3.5” large window LCD display
3 workout goal settings
Dual-action workout arms
Larger pedal ribbed design
Hand pulses on additional stationary arms
Exerpeutic 2000XL Magnetic Elliptical helps you get the exact movement indoors as you do outdoors.
Best For All Levels: Teeter FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical
- Ensure zero-impact exercises
- Work for the total body
- Whisper-quiet & fluid stride
- Commercial-grade engineering
- The lack of workout program
If working on your elliptical is a daily must-do, there is no better choice than to go with a comfortable machine like the Teeter FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical.
Overall engineering quality is high and Teeter has packed their product with many factors to ensure it performs, such as the naturally-reclined seated position that eliminates body fatigue without inducing the impact on your joints and back.
What’s more, dual power motion can simultaneously train your upper and lower body parts, engage all major groups of muscles, and burn 17,4% more calories per workout. To exercise longer without getting bored, you can isolate your legs or arms for additional intensity.
The minor issue we have with this unit is the lack of workout programs.
|Teeter FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical Specifications|
54 x 38 x 52.5 inches
Max User Weight
Dual power motion
Comfortable and naturally-reclined seated position
Smart design’ friction-free linkage system
Teeter FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical offers a stress-free, zero‑impact total-body workout for the next level of ease to strength training right in your own home.
Best For Bigger People: Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
- Smooth and quiet to use
- Backed by smart technology
- Work for users of all levels
- Come with a lifetime warranty on frame
Last on our list of the best cardio machine for weight loss is the Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine which is all about functioning as a proper heavy-duty machine.
Aside from a thick steel frame and the weight capacity of up to 375 lbs, this product also features four rear wheels for optimal stability and a 25lb flywheel & a high gear ratio for uninterrupted performance.
Finally, while the 215-lb E35 isn't exactly the most portable elliptical on the market, considering everything that this machine has to offer, it’s still such a great bike.
|Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine Specifications|
32.3 x 26.4 x 8.7 inches
Max User Weight
Six standard programs
Two custom programs and two heart rate programs
LCD console with 7.5-inch display
Front-drive system with a built-in fan and 15-inch pedals
Quiet drive system with both forward and reverse functionality
Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine is specially built with bigger individuals in mind.
How To Choose The Best Cardio Machines For Weight Loss?
- When shopping around for a treadmill that works best for you, one of the very first things to consider is the motor. The higher HP rate the greater the treadmill will be performing at high speeds and the longer it will last.
- A 3-4 HP motor is suitable for joggers and runners and often founded in elite units. As horsepower will add much to the overall price of a treadmill, though, walkers with a bit tight fitness budget should invest in a machine with 2.5-HP motor.
- The belt size of treadmills varies widely from one model to another. Most units fall somewhere between 45” and 55” long, with the majority ranging from 15” to 18” in width. And the belt size depends on personal preference. Because runners need more space than walkers, running treadmills can afford to have larger belts.
- A smaller belt can be great for walkers, but a tiny treadmill belt cramps their stride and prevent them from naturally walking.
- The flywheel is at the heart of any exercise bike, and its weight determines the comfort and fluidity level of the bike’s motion. Though heavier flywheels are often found in more expensive models, they result in a more enjoyable ride. Generally, those new to strength training will feel the most comfortable with a flywheel weighing somewhere between 15 and 22 pounds, while more advanced riders should go up to at least 33 lbs.
Resistance level and adjustable incline
- To add extra intensity to create your desired workout or change your routine, the adjustable incline and the number of resistance levels of an elliptical trainer machine are important. The more resistance levels, the better you can mix up your exercise routine and take your workout to the next level once your fitness improves.
Which Brands Make The Best Cardio Machines For Weight Loss?
- Headquartered in California, ANCHEER has been establishing long-lasting professional relationships with a long list of top brands in China and Taiwan to offer lineups with the most competitive pricing on the market.
- What it lacks in the elite features offered by other elite industry distributors, it makes up for with excellence in customer service.
- With 44 years’ experience, NordicTrack is one of the oldest manufacturers in the health and fitness equipment industry. This Utah-headquartered company has long been famous for producing a wide selection of treadmills, exercise bikes, ellipticals, strength training equipment, incline trainers, and low-impact exercisers.
- XTERRA Fitness has spent the past three decades developing fitness equipment to take everyone beyond their conditioning expectations. From seated stepper, rower, and bike to ellipticals and treadmills, XTERRA Fitness brings home an exceptional level of strength training.
How long should I run on the treadmill to lose weight?
If you want to shed some pounds, the amount of time spent on a treadmill should depend on your body composition, your diet regime, and the specific exercises you decide to experience.
A 125-lb person can burn 240 calories after half an hour running on a treadmill at a slow pace of 5 mph, while a 185-lb person can blitz 355 calories after the same duration spent on their running machine.
Is 30 minutes on stationary bike enough?
Riding a stationary bike for half an hour at a time can burn anywhere from 200 to 300 calories (depending on each user’s weight). Therefore, a stationary bike is such an easy yet effective calorie-burning solution.
How long should I be on the elliptical to lose weight?
To get the greatest result of weight loss, you should work up on the elliptical to sessions that last one hour or two. Additionally, while those new to strength training might start out working out just a couple of times per week, by increasing the session number to at least 5 per week, you can achieve a greater amount of weight loss.
Can I do elliptical every day?
A 155-lb person can burn 335 calories after a 30-minute session on an elliptical. If you get on your elliptical every single day within a week and work intensively enough to burn those calories, you can expect to lose approximately two-thirds of a pound each week.
Is elliptical better than running?
While running on the treadmills or the pavement is unparalleled, ellipticals can ultimately benefit runners—especially those who are overtired or injured.
If maintaining a healthy lifestyle is your biggest workout goal, try the best cardio machines weight loss, which are specially engineered to maximize every single minute spent on exercising.