A home gym can be a great choice for working out at home, which includes equipment that you can use to perform different exercises in one place. But before you can enjoy any benefit it delivers, you need to first get the best home exercise equipment for beginners.
Here are the best home exercise equipments for beginners you can buy in 2022:
- Best For Glutes: Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands
- Best For Legs & Thighs: XTERRA Fitness FB150
- Best For Lower Back Muscles: XtremepowerUS Deluxe Abdominal Crunch Coaster
- Best For Weight Loss: Best Choice Products 800W Portable Folding Electric Motorized Treadmill
- Best For Upper Body: Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205
- Best For Abs: Total Gym APEX G3
- Best For Full-Body Workout: Gonex Portable Home Gym Workout Equipment
|7 Best Home Exercise Equipments For Beginners|
Best For Glutes
|Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands|
Best For Legs & Thighs
|XTERRA Fitness FB150|
Best For Lower Back Muscles
|XtremepowerUS Deluxe Abdominal Crunch Coaster|
Best For Weight Loss
|Best Choice Products 800W Portable Folding Electric Motorized Treadmill|
Best For Upper Body
|Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205|
Best For Abs
|Total Gym APEX G3|
Best For Full-Body Workout
|Gonex Portable Home Gym Workout Equipment|
Best For Glutes: Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands
- Space-saving – measured by 16 x 12.5 x 13.5 inches
- Allow for exercising your whole body – come with two resistance bands
- Reliable and interesting to exercise – wide pedals with anti-slip textured surface & height adjustment options
- Take time for some people to keep balance
- The LCD screen is hard to see numbers
This is a very budget-friendly stepper for beginners to exercise their butts at home.
It comes with two resistance bands so that you not only train your thighs, calves, and glutes but also your arms, chest, back, and shoulders. It is compact, easy to use, and multifunctional, which is valuable.
While the pedals are specifically designed to be wider with an anti-slip textured surface, this equipment gives you some height adjustment options for either long steps or short bursts.
Lastly, the stepping motion is smooth.
|Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands Specifications|
16 x 12.5 x 13.5 inches
measured by 16 x 12.5 x 13.5 inches
come with two resistance bands
wide pedals with anti-slip textured surface & height adjustment options
The Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands is our favorite choice for training glutes.
Best For Legs & Thighs: XTERRA Fitness FB150
- Encourage extended exercise courses – ergonomic construction, multi-grip padded handlebars, and a huge seat
- Easy to track your fitness metrics – a functional LCD display
- Space-saving – foldable design
- The caloric reading could be more accurate
If you want to focus on the muscles on your legs and thighs, this is our top recommendation.
There are eight levels of manual resistance easily adjusted by turning a huge dial tension knob. Meanwhile, its ergonomic construction forms you a comfortable upright pedaling gesture so that you can exercise longer.
For extra support, it is built with multi-grip padded handlebars and a huge seat. The LCD screen of this exercise bike is very functional that you can track your calorie burnt, time, distance, display speed, and pulse.
When not in use, just fold it and store it away.
|XTERRA Fitness FB150 Specifications|
31.89 x 18.1 x 43.3 inches
ergonomic construction, multi-grip padded handlebars, and a huge seat
a functional LCD display
The XTERRA Fitness FB150 is a great folding exercise to strengthen your legs and thighs.
Best For Lower Back Muscles: XtremepowerUS Deluxe Abdominal Crunch Coaster
- Strengthen the muscles in your midsection, including the lower back
- Ideal for heavy exercisers – the 300-pound weight capacity
- Provide the best comfort while you’re exercising - a contoured padded cushion and curved track
- Wish the rep counter was more functional
The XtremepowerUS Deluxe Abdominal Crunch Coaster gives you a more efficient way of working out your abdominal region, shoulders, legs, arms, and lower back.
In other words, it helps strengthen the midsection of your body and can support heavy exercisers up to 300 pounds of weight.
It, more importantly, highlights a contoured padded cushion and curved track that mimics natural spinal flexion to provide the best comfort while performing an abdominal lift.
|XtremepowerUS Deluxe Abdominal Crunch Coaster Specifications|
49" (L) x 18"(W) x 51" (H)
the 300-pound weight capacity
a contoured padded cushion and curved track
Looking for the best way to train your midsection of the body with no impact? Take a look at the XtremepowerUS Deluxe Abdominal Crunch Coaster
Best For Weight Loss: Best Choice Products 800W Portable Folding Electric Motorized Treadmill
- Easy to maneuver – transporting wheels
- Convenient to use - a media holder and two water bottles
- Perfect for exercisers at all levels - three preset workouts & six preset speeds
- Short runway
This foldable treadmill will be a great companion for your weight loss journey because it is built with three preset workouts for specific exercise levels and six preset speeds.
These speed options can be automatically adjusted to the workout course that you choose or manually by pressing the -/+ buttons. The max speed it can reach is 7.5MPH.
Besides, it features a media holder and two water bottles for extra convenience to encourage you to train more. We also like its portable and foldable design with transporting wheels for easy maneuvering.
|Best Choice Products 800W Portable Folding Electric Motorized Treadmill Specifications|
48 x 24 x 48 inches
a media holder and two water bottles
three preset workouts & six preset speeds
Out of various exercise equipment for beginners, the Best Choice Products 800W Portable Folding Electric Motorized Treadmill is an outstanding candidate for weight loss
Best For Upper Body: Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205
- Deliver great support and comfort - cushioned seat, foam handlebars, and pivoting foot pedals
- Customizable fit – adjustable pedal straps
- Ideal for various exercising needs – 12 resistance levels
- The cable connecting the LCD feels slightly flimsy
- The seat is a bit wobble
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205 is a good choice to train your upper body without breaking the bank. It is easy to assemble, supportive, and comfortable.
While the pedal straps are adjustable to fit your feet, there are 12 resistance levels to choose from, each of which features a very quiet and smooth pulling motion. To help you easily track your fitness metric, it comes with a digital monitor.
The stabilizers are also a practical addition as it levels your rower to your space more easily.
|Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205 Specifications|
9.48 Kilograms (20.9 Pounds)
54 x 20 x 23 inches
the cushioned seat, foam handlebars, and pivoting foot pedals
adjustable pedal straps
12 resistance levels
If you wish to tone up and strengthen your upper body, look no further than the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205
Best For Abs: Total Gym APEX G3
- Offer numerous workouts – 8 resistance levels & various accessories included in the package
- Dependable – backed by a 1-year warranty
- Easy to use, comfortable, and durable – steel frame, auto-lock height modification, & ergonomic glide board
- Not quite convenient to fold up
Don’t let the minimal look of this exercise equipment fool you!
Built with eight resistance levels and included lots of accessories, it provides more than 70 exercises for your whole body with smooth movements and low impact. If you want to tone up your abs, this is a great choice.
Due to the manufacturer, it is perfect for people from 8 to 80 years old and the max loading weight is up to 300 pounds.
|Total Gym APEX G3 Specifications|
93-inches L, 43.25-inches T, and 15.5-inches W
8 resistance levels & various accessories included in the package
backed by a 1-year warranty
steel frame, auto-lock height modification, & ergonomic glide board
For training abs, the Total Gym APEX G3 is an unbeatable candidate.
Best For Full-Body Workout: Gonex Portable Home Gym Workout Equipment
- Allow for training your 5 main muscle groups optimally - include resistance bands, 3-section bar, ab roller, push-up handlebar, & post landmine sleeve
- Space-saving and efficient than other exercise equipment
- Easy to follow – include manual instructions and videos
- The clips included with the resistance bands are prone to be corroded
For full-body workouts, this set of exercise equipment is the most efficient because it includes 30lbs/50lbs resistance bands, a 3-section bar, an ab roller, a push-up handlebar, and a post landmine sleeve.
It is a great substitution for a bunch of cumbersome equipment like suspensions workout, dumbbells, barbells, and more.
It gives you over 70 exercises focusing on 5 main muscle groups while the user manual can’t be easier to follow (including manual instructions and videos).
|Gonex Portable Home Gym Workout Equipment Specifications|
25.39 x 19.5 x 4.5 inches
include resistance bands, 3-section bar, ab roller, push-up handlebar, & post landmine sleeve
include manual instructions and videos
By including nearly everything in the package for pro home gym setup, the Gonex Portable Home Gym Workout Equipment is our go-to for full-body workouts.
How To Choose The Best Home Exercise Equipment For Beginners?
When shopping for equipment, you should check if it’s easy to install and whether you can do it yourself or not. This is extremely important when you plan to set up the home gym on your own or need to relocate the machine in the future, for example.
How Much Space Is Needed?
This factor must be considered because it’s no use having an exercising machine if you can’t even set it up in the first place. Therefore, measure the space available at your home and choose equipment that can fit in the space.
Your Purpose Of Use
The choice of the equipment largely depends on what you want to achieve from the workout.
- Beginners and light exercisers: for weight management, flexibility, and muscle tone, you can go with an aerobic step, some sets of dumbbells, a fitness ball, an exercise mat, and an adjustable bench.
- Intermediate trainers: for those who seek strength training, muscle development, or more serious fitness, you can consider getting a bigger set of dumbbells, an exercise bench, barbells, plates, and a barbell rack.
- Advanced trainers: if you are a bodybuilder or a serious weight trainer, you can install free-weight bench setups at home or go with a heavy-duty setup.
The price range for exercise equipment is very large, so determining a budget is an efficient way to narrow down options and helps you choose more quickly and easily. Obviously, higher prices go with more features and better variability as the following:
- $300: an inclined bench sliding system.
- Under $400: basic components like step, dumbbells, fitness ball, adjustable bench, bands, or exercise mat.
- Under $1000: more professional dumbbells, bench, free weights, and rack.
The higher you go, the more options you will have and the higher quality the equipment is. However, keep in mind that if you look carefully enough, you can still find great equipment for an affordable amount.
Which Brands Make The Best Home Exercise Equipment For Beginners?
Sunny Health & Fitness
If you prefer imported machines, this is your go-to brand. It’s one of the largest importer and distributors of fitness equipment on the market.
This brand has built its own reputation in the fitness industry for meeting consumers’ needs. Its strength comes from sleek designs and great performance.
Best Choice Products
For those who have got used to shopping online but worry about trustworthiness, you must try this brand. It’s committed to delivering the highest quality and value for the money.
Is working out at home as effective as the gym?
Yes, the ultimate effectiveness of exercise is determined by your effort and devotion instead of the location.
Which exercise machine is best for losing belly fat?
There are several options, but a treadmill stands out as an amazing way to lose belly fat.
How can I lose tummy fat fast?
Here are a number of things you can do to get rid of your tummy fat:
- Eat healthily.
- Try curbing carbs, not fat.
- Lift weights.
- Move around instead of sitting at one spot all the time.
- Avoid processed foods.
Can you get fit without equipment?
Even without fitness equipment, you can still achieve an effective workout to get fit. The key is determination and an appropriate workout.
Should I buy weights or go to the gym?
This depends on your purpose and other personal factors, but going to the gym has several advantages like a wider range of equipment to exercise.
Overall, we hope that this post has made it clear as day what you need to consider when preparing for a home gym. No matter how excited you are, stay focused, follow our guide, and buy the best home exercise equipment for beginners. Good luck!