Top 5 Best Outdoor Trampolines With Enclosure 2019
Struggling to find the best outdoor trampolines with enclosure for safety use? Follow my review and buying guide for more ideas to make your conscious choice.Here are our top picks for the best outdoor trampolines:
- Zupapa 15 14 12 FT TUV Approved Trampoline - Best Choice
- Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline - Runner-Up
- North Gear 8 Foot Trampoline Set - Budget-Friendly
- Skywalker Rectangle Trampoline - Best Bouncy
- Springfree Oval Round Square Trampoline - Premium Choice
Top 5 Best Outdoor Trampolines With Enclosure 2019
|Top 5 Best Outdoor Trampolines 2019|
|#1 - Zupapa 15 14 12 FT TUV Approved Trampoline||Read Our Review|
|#2 - Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline||Read Our Review|
|#3 - North Gear 8 Foot Trampoline Set||Read Our Review|
|#4 - Skywalker Rectangle Trampoline||Read Our Review|
|#5 - Springfree Oval Round Square Trampoline||Read Our Review|
Reviews Of Best Outdoor Trampolines
#1 - Zupapa 15 14 12 FT TUV Approved Trampoline
- Three different sizes to choose
- Wind stakes and T-shooks included
- Comes with rain cover and gloves
- The manufacturer uses plastic brackets to attach the enclosure to the frame, which is not a durable option.
Zupapa offers flexible options for the family. You can choose from three sizes (12ft -14ft-15ft), depending on how many people you want the trampoline to accommodate at a time — the size of jumping mat changes accordingly as well.
Zuppa wants to make sure that even the smallest size has enough space and capacity to bring joy to users. Three models safely passed TUV standards for safety. A 6-foot safety nest is used to make sure no unwanted accidents happen.
Coming with the package, you will receive a rain cover, gloves for assembly, six wind stakes to keep the trampoline stable. Zuppa also offers a 10-year frame warranty. What I don’t really like is the fact that this company utilizes plastic brackets to hold the enclosure in place. It doesn’t look very durable to me.
Jumping surface (12ft -14ft-15ft)
125 inches - 148 inches - 159 inches
Weight capacity (12ft -14ft-15ft)
330 lbs - 330 lbs - 375 lbs
Frame height (12ft -14ft-15ft)
Safety closure height (12ft -14ft-15ft)
Zupapa 15 14 12 FT TUV Approved Trampoline offers a valuable option for users of different needs. The price is perfectly affordable with three different sizes to choose.
#2 - Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline
- Feature basketball hoop
- A safety net is attached to every spring, enhancing the overall safety
- Easy to assemble
- Limited weight capacity
Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline is the best overall product in the list for numerous reasons.
As the name points out, the trampoline comes with a basketball hoop. This added feature makes sure your kids experience full-hand activities from jumping to dunking and shooting.
Skywalker is a trusted band for safety standards. This company introduces a no-gap enclosure system, which promises to let no accidents happen. What’s more, the trampoline features T-sockets in the enclosure joint and legs. As a result, the Jump N’ Dunk is exceptionally stable.
The durability of this trampoline is also worth your notice. Featuring heavy-duty galvanized steel with rust-resist with coiled springs, no weather conditions can break the Skywalker 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk.
Compared to other models, this one has the lower weight capacity in the list. This should not be a significant drawback if only children use the trampoline.
15 x 15 x 9 inches
141 square feet
Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline is a perfect combination between basketball and jumping. It guarantees endless fun and enjoyment.
#3 - North Gear 8 Foot Trampoline Set
- Comes with cover and a ladder
- GS Safety certified
- Easy to assemble
- Quite small
For some people, the North Gear 8 Foot Trampoline is quite small. I do agree that. However, the bright side is with an 8 feet trampoline; you don’t need much space to set up and store. Because of its small weight, it can accommodate up to 200 lbs of weight capacity.
This trampoline is only suitable for one user at a time. The frame is made of galvanizing steel, which is famous for being rust-resistant and sturdy. The North Gear 8 has passed the GS safety standards, so you don’t have to worry to let your kids enjoy their time.
Buying a full set, the package will come with a ladder and heavy-duty cover. Compared to another item, this is the most budget-friendly choice.
Safety closure height
The North Gear, 8 Foot Trampoline, set with safety enclosure, and a ladder is indeed a wallet-friendly choice for families with a single kid.
#4 - Skywalker Rectangle Trampoline
- Best bouncy trampoline in the list
- Built to last with a galvanized steel frame
- Comes with a safety net with dual zipper and latch clip system
- UV-rated PVC material
- The rectangular trampoline may not be suitable for beginners
If you want to find a product offering best “bounce” for your buck, Skywalker Rectangle Trampoline is the answer for your prayer.
This rectangular trampoline adopts more coil springs than its round counterparts, thus providing the much more bouncy effect. Active kids and gymnasts also love rectangular trampolines for this reason.
What’s more, the mat size of 7.75 x 13.75 inches offers users with generous space. You can perform all sorts of flips and back tucks. It is also a safe option for kids since the design reduces enclosure gap that accounts for common injuries.
This product is certified by ASTM standards.
15 x 9 inches
7.75 x 13.75 inches
Safety closure height
Skywalker Rectangle Trampoline is the best bouncy trampoline in the market, suitable for active kids and gymnastics.
#5 - Springfree Oval Round Square Trampoline
- Features a ladder
- A springless trampoline – the safest option
- Basketball hoop
- Rust-resistant materials
- Not a wallet-friendly option
Being springless, this trampoline offers a larger jumping surface for users. What’s more, the enclosure is attached directly to the mat, creating a safe environment for both children and adults to have fun.
This spring-free product also comes with flexible rods to help redirect users to the centre, increase the safety level. What I also like about this product is that it includes no hard edges that can potentially cause damage.
Springfree medium oval trampolines are built to resist rust and harsh weather conditions. It is a product that can provide you with enjoyment for many years. The only drawback seems to be the price. You have to pay a good sum of money to own this trampoline.
8 x 11 inches
77 square feet
Safety closure height
The Springfree medium oval trampoline is a premium choice for those who value safety and well-built features over price.
How To Choose A Best Outdoor Trampoline?
If you are on your way to buy a new outdoor trampoline, hold on and read this buying guide first. Chances are you need to consider several factors below to obtain a safe and comfortable product.
- There are two US safety standards for outdoor trampoline: ASTM and TUV.
- ASTM is the abbreviation of the American Society for Testing and Materials. This international standard is applied not only to trampoline but several systems and service. Trampolines with ASTM are safe to children of a young age to play.
- TUV is another popular standard for trampolines. It shows that the certified product has been carefully examined by experts and passed the industry’s requirement. Check carefully whether your trampoline adopts any of these two standards.
- Other than that, considering a product with a safety net, sturdy frame and smooth welds to prevent injuries from falling off. In case you want to buy a spring-based trampoline, look for the one with spring covers.
- Some people don't pay attention to the extent when they shop for trampolines. As a result, they either buy an oversized product or end up with a small one. Outdoor trampolines require enough space, so you should measure your yard to see which size you should buy.
- What’s more, depending on the number of users and the frequency of use, you should choose a trampoline with a suitable size. My suggestion would be an item of 12 to 17 inches in perimeter for three to five users at a time.
- Outdoor trampolines without proper material will be covered with rust in no time. The humidity level, sunlight, rain, and snow can all contribute to the deterioration in quality and durability of a product.
- When shopping for a trampoline, you must consider the one with anti-rust material. The ideal item will also come with UV-resistant components and wind stakes.
Best Trampoline Brands
- Springfree is a famous manufacturer for children trampolines. Their journey with trampolines started 20 years ago when safety concern about these products was high. Through many years of researching, the company has developed products matched with safety standards.
- Springfree trampolines guarantee to eliminate up to 90% of impact area that could cause injuries.
- Skywalker is another prominent supplier for reliable trampolines. Their products adopt ASTM safety standards. That means Skywalker trampolines are generally safe for children to use. Of course, to prevent injuries, parents should watch out for their kids and don’t forget to apply the safety rules.
- Skywalker trampolines come with excellent materials, providing utmost comfort and fun for users.
- North Gear is known for their wide range of trampolines in the market. For the most part, I highly value the company’s design. Most products are made of galvanised steel frame and offer heavy-duty enclosures.
- North Gear’s products can deal with heavy bouncing from the kids while supplying them with a safe space to have fun
- Zuppa is the last trusted company for trampolines I want to recommend. Their products are all TUV certified for safety. This manufacturer offers trampolines with different features suitable for people with different needs and financial affordability.
Are round or rectangular trampolines better?
When it comes to outdoor trampolines, there are two prominent shapes: round and rectangular. Whether which is more suitable for you depends on three factors below.
- Rectangular trampolines are somewhat higher in altitude compared to round ones. That being said, these items are often utilized by athletes for training purposes.
- Round trampolines, on the other hand, have lower altitude and weight capacity. However, they are perfect for recreational purposes. Trampolines with circular shape provide safer space for children and young kids to jump without much concern about injuries.
- Rectangular trampolines are more favoured by adults and experienced jumpers since they can decide where and when they land.
- Young children and recreational users will find it easier to use round shape. They will fall directly to the mat’s centre and encounter fewer chances to fall off.
- The popular size of round trampolines is roughly 14 feet, which offers 12 feet of jumping area. The spacious jumping area is an essential aspect to consider when comparing between rectangular and round trampolines.
- The price of a product is varied depending on size, specifications and materials. In the case of round trampolines, they are generally less expensive than their rectangular counterparts.
- This is because the circular shape creates strength, so it doesn’t require additional support. Rectangular design often needs added help.
- If you are looking for a recreational, affordable and generally safe trampoline, I would suggest you choose the round shape.
What is the safest outdoor trampoline?
In general, outdoor trampolines need to be certified with safety standards. However, the construction of a product could significantly contribute to the security it brings. The five items I reviewed above are safe for children and adults to use.
In case I have to rule out the safest one, I would nominate Skywalker 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline with Enclosure Net. I completely fall in love with the no-gap enclosure system. It eliminates in-net gaps and also any chances for users to fall off the trampoline.
This model from Skywalker is also certified by ASTM standards. If you want to make sure that your kids are safe jumping up and down, the Jump N’ Dunk trampoline is the ultimate choice.
Are trampolines with enclosures safe?
Jumping up and down is appealing to kids of all ages. It is also a fun way to work up your muscles and cardiovascular system as well. However, fun is sometimes costly.
Injuries from trampolines are common especially in children who jump and fly off the mat. Kids are threatened by fractures, neck and spine injuries. In some cases, people even lost their lives jumping off trampolines.
Scary it may sound; however, there is a way that prevents possible accidents from happening. Yes, trampolines with enclosures provide safe space for both children and adults to have their fun time.
Most enclosures are made of zinc tubes and study materials. As a result, the safety nets are thick and reliable. You should buy a trampoline with safety nets to prevent yourself and other users from injuries and accidents.
What is the most common injury on a trampoline?
Injuries from trampoline are no longer a strange story for many people. While this exercise seems to be fun, it has potential dangers for users as well. Health experts recommend parents not to let your children come near the trampoline without supervision.
There are 2 common injuries with trampoline:
- Foot injuries: Statistically, 2/3 of trampoline injuries come from children of 6 to 14 years old. Also, 40% of users have foot or leg injuries because of trampolines. In most case, foot and leg-related injuries involve sprained and a fractured ankle. The second case requires immediate medical attention.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are the second most common injuries happened on a trampoline. Most of the time, bones in the lower extremities are the one who suffers. There is a risk even though users have applied jump safety rules.
Does trampolining lose weight?
Trampolining is an effective method to train your muscle and cardiovascular system. It is also proved to help your body get rid of excess fat as well. Many studies show that a 150-lb individual can burn as much as 240 calories in 1-hour jumping session.
So yes, trampolining does help you lose weight. However, it also depends on your regularity of use and the amount of calories intake.
I hope that the journey to find the best outdoor trampolines with enclosure will be less daunting after reading my review. Spending quality time with your kids and loved ones on a trampoline is always an excellent idea.